Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What I am Thankful For

The list is very long for all the things that I am thankful for. But, there is one that stands out above all of them. My health and the health of my children. I hear of so many babies being born with medical conditions and I feel so blessed that my children are healthy. I too am healthy as far as I am concerned. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that my husband is relatively healthy, but he does have a chronic disease - Multiple Sclerosis. He will have it the rest of his life as there is no cure. He has slowed the progression with medication, but he will always have this disease to deal with.

Then, there is my Mom who has lung cancer. She has gone into remission once, but it came back and she is going through cancer treatments. For her, there is no cure either. Even though she is fully functional, she will always be monitoring her health as well.

Yes, a lot to absorb when my two closest loved ones have pretty serious health conditions. But, I can't dwell on it. I need to keep myself as healthy as possible so in times when my loved ones need me I am there to help them. I know I am strong, I am healthy and my job is to keep everyone I love healthy. (more on that later)

So, on the eve of Thanks Giving I look to a healthy future for me and everyone I care about.


2 comments:

Kelley said...

Hi Jennifer - I didn't realize your mom was battling lung cancer and that Steve has MS. I'm thinking good, healthy thoughts for both of them.

Jennifer Gonzales said...

Thank you for your support!